Suspiria is a headless Raspberry Pi audio player that supports Spotify, AirPlay and Plex. It is named after the 1977 movie by Dario Argento. I wrote a small tutorial, if you want to build your own.
- raspotify is used as a Spotify Connect client
- shairport-sync is used for AirPlay and multiroom audio
- Plexamp is used for high quality Plex music streaming
- a small Raspberry Pi Zero W with a 2GB micro SD card is enough
- A program like Airfoil can be used to play synced multiroom audio via AirPlay
- we used one of the Pis with a 3.5mm to DIN cable to get an old Musiktruhe in our office to play music via Spotify. The sound is really great! And we can take turns streaming from our computers.